Hi Guillaume!

Guillaume Lerouge wrote:
> It makes sense, discussions àla Wikipedia if I'm right ;-)

I am not sure this is a good comparison. I must recognize that the last
MediaWiki release I've installed and used is a bit old (1.9.3), but as
far as I see the possibilities open by the XWiki arquitecture are far
from being comparable to the ones provided by MediaWiki. In MediaWiki
you have an interface to create new headed paragraphs of the same level
in the discussion page. But what you have done is to provide a tool to
create an object for each post, topic,... and this opens an universe (or
multiverse!) of opportunities.

> The quickest way to do this is to create a specific skin with a new
> displayer for comments. In fact, that's what was done for
> http://wikipeople.elle.fr, see for
> instance http://wikipeople.elle.fr/xwiki/bin/view/People/DrewBarrymore .

The example from Elle is PERFECT. But instead of using comments, I would
like to use BBCode. It is not possible to categorize comments as we can
categorize Category(sic)>Topic>Message.

> As for the rights setting (people seeing the page but not the
> comments), I'm not sure that XWiki can do that out of the box... What
> you could do though is to create 2 spaces, MySpace & MySpaceDiscussion
> -> then on each page of /MySpace you put a button such as
> [PageDiscussion>MySpaceDiscussion.$doc.getName()] (through a panel for
> instance). Then people can create a discussion page with different
> rights for each existing page. With the parent set right it's easy to
> get back from the page in the discussion space to the original one...
>
> Then you'd need to create a topic in your panel in the second space.
> You could try to put this in a panel on the 2nd space :
>
> $doc.getObject('BBCode.TopicClass', true) -> this creates a topic in
> your page, but you'd still miss all the content on the
> TopicClassSheet... Maybe playing a bit with an input form in the panel :-)
>

> But this looks like a big hack... Good luck if you wanna try and do it
> though ;-)
>

> Guillaume
>

> PS: if you wait a few hours, I'll may have the time to improve the
> BB's remaining rough edges and upload a new XAR...

Thanks for the tips! I have these hours indeed. In the meantime, I keep
trying to make the pieces fit!

Cheers,

--
Ricardo Rodríguez