Hi Ricardo,
for panels a much better solution is available:

   1. Define a list of messages (such as the one in BBCode.Translations).
   You'll have :
      - message1=Hello
      - message2=Goodnight
      - and so on...
   2. Where you need your name to be printed (typically in a panel) use
   $msg.message1 , $msg.message2... you will have :
      - [$msg.message1>MySpace.MyPage] (will show up as Hello)
      - [$msg.message2>MySpace.MyPage2] (will show up as Goodnight)
   3. Declare your translation page in the wiki administration console
   (same as for the BB)
   4. For each language you need, write a translation of the page in that
   language.
   5. The result will be something similar to what you see on
xwiki.comwhen you switch languages (look at the menu bar for "try",
"partners" and so
   on)

Hope this helps,

Guillaume