On Mar 8, 2008, at 9:09 PM, Benjamin Leung wrote:

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mar 8, 2008, at 8:02 PM, Benjamin Leung wrote:

Hi Vincent,

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi benjamin,

On Mar 8, 2008, at 5:47 PM, Benjamin Leung wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

The inability to login using IE7 still exist after I upgraded to xwiki 1.3final. The logoff issue is fixed in FF.

Make sure you remove your cookies before trying with 1.3 final. I believe you have something wrong in there now but deleting them should fix the problem I think.

I cleared the cookies before testing and I tested it again using a fresh XP+IE7 install but I still can't login to my instance using IE.

I've just started from scratch, downloaded XE 1.3 exe file, installed it on Windows XP and ran it in IE7 and it worked perfectly well.
Maybe you're not using the correct login name or password? :)

Thanks for your effort.. I've mentioned aoubt my setup and it is different from what you've tested.

xwiki-enterprise-web-1.3
Tomcat 6.0.16
Oracle 10g (Personal)
Windows XP

ah right. I believe Tomcat 6.x is the key here. I'll try with it later on. I'd hate it if I can confirm this as we were supposed to have fixed this and it has already bitten us in 1.3RC1... :(

I tired using log4j.properties provided somewhere on the xwiki.org to turn on the debug message. But I noticed something's not right when the LDAP error message were supressed. I think it worked fine in 1.3rc1.

What's wrong?

The usual stack dump I get "LDAP: fail to bind.." when I log in using a XWiki DB credentials (i.e. Admin/admin) is missing when I use the log4j.properties provided somewhere on wiki.org

Pardon my English. I was trying to say I want to get a more detailed log by configuring log4j.properties. However, when I use the provided log4j.properties, I didn't see the usual error message I was expecting. Since some information are missing from the log, I must conclude that my attempt to get a more detailed log has failed. And I would've read through the log and include the log in my question if I get to the right log..

I need more context. Have you configured XWiki to use LDAP?

Yes, I have configured it using LDAP (Active Directory). And I usually see LDAP error message by default. (Even when it works)

Thomas Mortagne is the author of the LDAP integration. We shouldn't see any error message when it works.

Could you please open a jira issue for this please so that we can fix it?

Also I don't understand what the problem is? Could you explain what's wrong?

I see LDAP error message in xwiki.log without log4j.properties. When I have log4j.properties in place, I don't see those error messages anymore.

Actually you always have a log4j.properties. There's a default one inside the WEB-INF/lib/xwiki-core-*.jar.
Here it is:
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/xwiki-platform/core/trunk/xwiki-core/src/main/resources/log4j.properties

If you're using the same one then you should see the same thing. Do you put it in your WEB-INF/classes dir?

You mention some LDAP messages being suppressed but I don't understand what you mean either. What does it mean?

The LDAP error message I am expecting in the log are no longer there after I configured log4j.properties. Therefore, the error messages were suppressed.

Ok I understand now, thanks for the explanations :)

-Vincent

Thanks! I've pasted the config below. The only thing I changed is "log4j.logger.com.xpn.xwiki=debug" from the original

-------------------------

### Direct log messages to stdout
log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} [%X{url}] [%t] %-5p %-30.30c{2} %x - %m %n

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.File=xwiki.log
log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.file.MaxBackupIndex=50
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} [%X{url}] [%t] %-5p %-30.30c{2} %x - %m %n

### By default everything that is of warning or severity WARN, ERROR or FATAL is logged both to
### the console and to the xwiki.log file.
log4j.rootLogger=warn, stdout, file

### Hibernate logging options
log4j.logger.org.hibernate=warn
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.SQL=warn
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.type=warn
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.ps.PreparedStatementCache=warn

### XWiki logging configuration
log4j.logger.com.xpn.xwiki=warn
log4j.logger.com.xpn.xwiki.render.XWikiRadeoxRenderEngine=warn
log4j.logger.com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration=info

### Deactive Struts warnings
log4j.logger.org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils=error

### Deactivate JGroups warnings
log4j.logger.org.jgroups=error

## Deactive PDF Export CSS Applier warnings
log4j.logger.info.informatica.doc.style.css.dom=error
log4j .logger.org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.ContentLayoutManager=error

Any advice would be appreciated.

My setup is now:

xwiki-enterprise-web-1.3
xwiki-enterprise-wiki-1.3-rc-1.xar
Tomcat 6.0.16
Oracle 10g
Windows XP

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: This is a known issue that has already been fixed for 1.3 final (to be
released tomorrow).