For you particular case I don't see common thing that could cause this. In
fact I never seen the error message "Illegal attempt to associate a
collection with two open sessions", which databases server do you use ?
We had some problems with migration from older XWiki version because some
XWikiUsers class fields has been modified but it was between 1.1 and 1.2.

Maybe someone else has any idea.