> Harjeet Wrote
>

>>> Hello,
>>> Can the applications for Xwiki Enterprise be added to the Xwiki
>>> Workspaces. On the XWiki Workspaces main page it mentions that -
>>> "Of course, under the hood Workspaces is based on Enterprise, and
>>> with
>>> some work you can get the same extensibility, but this is not the
>>> goal
>>> of this product."
>>>
>>> Should I even try extending the XWiki Workspaces the way it is
>>> possible with Xwiki Enterprise, since I am fairly new to XWiki. There
>>> is this concept of User spaces which is very appealing in the
>>> Workspaces which I really require. What are the limitations which I
>>> would be working against, so that I do not try to solve a problem
>>> which cannot be solved or atleast with decent effort.
>>
>> If you are new to XWiki, my best advice would be that you first get
>> experienced with its platform and development practices in XWiki
>> Enterprise before trying to extend XWiki Workspaces. Then, if you
>> really
>> are willing to develop/integrate new application inside Workspaces,
>> the
>> best way to start is to look how its current application are built.
>> For
>> example, for the Wiki application, you can look at the code under the
>> XWSWiki/ space and the application descriptor in XWSApps/WikiApp.
>
>> Hope this helps, Regards,
>> Jerome.
>>>

> Thanks Jerome, I have already started on that. What I would like to
> know is it is possible. In making the Workspace easier and more
> straighforward to use, has some functionalities ( jars, templates,
> rights etc) been taken out from the XWiki Enterprise. Do I still have
> all the functionalities of Enterprise under the hood?

The answer is yes. XWS is built on top of XE, which itself is build on
topof the XWiki platform, so it naturally embed all those. The only thing
that you may not find exactly as in XE are some velocity templates files
overridden in the templates/ directory of the webapp (also there are not
many).

Hope this helps,
Jerome.