> Hi Everyone,
> I could find a use for tag 'editing', I don't think it is a strange as
> it seems. Consider the following for instance;
>
> I have an application where users (we will call them employees) can
> publish documents relating to a certain subject, or group of subjects.
> They are product and application based. Other users (lets call them
> customers) can then watch the subjects that concern them to be made
> aware of updates/bug fixes/application notes etc...
>
> I would like the employees to be able to choose from a predefined list
> of tags, that someone would have to be able to edit. This keeps the tags
> consistent and avoids the inevitable case/spelling/mistypes that could
> result in orphaned tags.
>
> I guess that this is not the pure intended use of tagging I know but I
> can se how it would be very useful, at least to me :-)

You are completely right, I think the situation you present is quite often
actually, but, as you mentioned, it is some sort of hijacking tags and
using them as categories.
If it's only about case/spelling/mistypes, then the new tags suggest
feature in XWatch M4 can help you avoid the situation in a more elegant
manner than restricting the tag list.

We are looking into implementing the tags list in watch: giving the
possibility to the administrator to configure the usage of a tags list.

Thanks for your interest and feedback on xwiki watch,
Have fun!

Anca Luca