Yes the name appears on top right corner, but doesn't appear in user list.

>>> "Thomas Mortagne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 27/06/2008 6:18 pm >>>
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 2:35 AM, Avinash Gupta
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Thomas,
>

> "If you use the correct LDAP authenticator
> (xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl)
> and even if you use the old one AFAIK there is no way to configure
> LDAP in order to not create the user in XWiki, otherwise XWiki would
> not be able to manager rights, groups etc."
>

> This means no matter what if my LDAP Authentication is working then XWiki
> should be storing users in its database.
> My log file is clean. This is the only thing that I have in my log file
>

> 2008-06-27 10:26:31,761 [http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome]
> [btpool0-7] INFO  .AbstractXWikiMigrationManager  - No storage migration
> required since current version is [7351]
>
> My users are authenticating without a problem. I mean I can confirm that its
> authenticating against LDAP but I can't find any users.
> xwiki-enterprise-web-1.4.1.war is the file that I downloaded. So I reckon the
> version is 1.4.1.
>
> When the users log in they only see a page which says
> "You are not allowed to view this document or perform this action."

After login, do you see the user's name in the upper right corner of the page ?

> When I log in as superadmin then I can create Wiki pages. Am I missing
> something here?
> BTW where does XWiki stores user information, I searched all my database but
> wasn't able to find any table which may store user information.

XWiki user are wiki pages in the "XWiki" space. If you login with
"toto", you can view the user profile at "/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/toto".

> Thanks,
> Avinash

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 6:28 AM, Avinash Gupta
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I have installed XWiki in our environment using jetty and MS SQL Server.
>> I have successfully configured authentication using LDAP but I don't see any
>> users when I click on Users and Groups under Administration.
>>
>> I guess this is because XWiki just uses LDAP to authenticate but doesn't
>> stores the users anywhere.
>> I checked on mailing lists and found that few discussions where people have
>> suggested to add following line in xwiki.cfg
>>

>> xwiki.authentication.createuser=ldap
>>
>> and XWiki will start storing users in his database.
>
> Did you looked at
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Authentication ?
> All possible options are listed here (and I confirm that
> xwiki.authentication.createuser=ldap does not mean anything or at
> least now).
>
> If you use the correct LDAP authenticator
> (xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl)
> and even if you use the old one AFAIK there is no way to configure
> LDAP in order to not create the user in XWiki, otherwise XWiki would
> not be able to manager rights, groups etc. What XE/Platform version do
> you use ? Do you have any error/warning in the log ?
>
>> But the above didn't work for me. I also found a snippet which might import
>> the users but don't know how to run it.
>> I am a .Net guy and I have very limited knowledge of java.
>>
>> I would like to create groups of LDAP user and give different permissions to
>> different groups. How can I achieve this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Avinash

> Thomas Mortagne

Thomas Mortagne