Hi All,

I'm new to XWiki (and the list) and have a few questions. I'm
specifically needing help with the Virtual Wiki portion of things, but
that will be for a follow-up Email. The first thing I need to verify is
that I've got the base installation of things essentially correctly
configured.

Our webserver is Apache 2.0 with Java being served up by Resin on the
back end. I've installed XWiki Enterprise Manager 1.2 into its own
directory (/usr/local/www/xwiki) and created a separate Resin instance
for it (listening on port 6807). A portion of the XWiki Resin config
file looks like this:

    <host id="xwiki.domain.dom" root-directory="/usr/local/www/xwiki/"
host-name="xwiki.domain.dom" host-alias="xwiki">
      <web-app id="/" document-directory="/usr/local/www/xwiki/">
          [...]
      </web-app>
    </host>

The Resin instance starts fine. I created a Virtual Host for it in
Apache as follows:

<VirtualHost MY_IP:80>
    ServerName    xwiki.domain.dom
    ServerAlias     xwiki
    DocumentRoot    /usr/local/www/xwiki/
    ResinConfigServer localhost 6807
</VirtualHost>

The main problem I have is that I can't get the wiki to load. If I go to
http://xwiki/ or http://xwiki.domain.dom/ (internal server; don't bother
trying) -- I just get a directory listing of the XWiki files. If I click
on the "redirect" text file in the directory, it will work its magic and
send me to the welcome page for the wiki.

I haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere about that specific problem,
so I'm asking. Is it normal to have to add something like this to the
VirtualHost container:

    RedirectMatch permanent ^/$ /redirect

In effect, doing two redirects on the initial root page load? Is there
another way I should be configuring things?

Sorry for the length. I just wanted to give a bit of background before I
asked, since I have a follow-up question or two regarding running
Virtual Wikis (ugh).

Thanks for listening.

-Jamie