On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:56:46 +0300, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote
> rssh wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:50:41 +0300, Mihails Agafonovs wrote
> >> Have you restarted you server?
> >
> > Yes, of course.
> >
> >  Where was the problem: when skin is not set, xwiki look in user preferences
> > for user skin.
> >  With new administration application, when skin is not set,
> > 'XWiki.DefaultSkin' is returned (instead ""), and xwiki try to find file
> >  in skin with name 'XWiki.DefaultSkin', than go to base skin.
>
> Are you sure about this? I tried locally and it works fine. If the skin
> is not defined in XWikiPreferences, then the skin from xwiki.cfg
> (xwiki.defaultskin) is used.

 When you install Administration application (from svn), then skin prefefrence
for any existent user (and newly-created users) is set to
defined in XWikiPreferences.xml. (which is XWiki.DefaultSkin)

I submitted a path to Administration Application, which fix this problem
  http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XAADMINISTRATION-8

> Make sure that:
> - In the administration page, XWiki.DefaultSkin is not present
> - Or, if it is, you can modify XWiki.DefaultSkin to set the baseskin
> to your skin (x) - Or, you can put x in the administration page as
> the global skin and leave xwiki.cfg unchanged

 Yes. This is possible workarounds. But I think, that default skin must work
on fresh install, when we 'does not touch' user prefences by hands.

> > I will submit to JIRA patch wich will fix  this issue in nearest time.
> >
> > Question to community: what's better ?
> >  a) change XWiki.java to process XWiki.DefaultSkin as no-skin ?
> >  b) change intialization of user preferences to return "" or null instead
> > XWiki.DefaultSkin, when default skin is not set.
> >

> >>  Quoting rssh : On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:02:20 +0300, rssh wrote
> >>  > Good day, community.
> >>  >
> >>  > Small question about customizing xwiki:
> >>  >   - I want to customize skin, by creating own skin (with name
> >> 'x'),
> >>  > After reading
> >> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Skins
> >>  >  I do next sequences of steps:
> >>  >
> >>  > a) creating directory <xwiki-base>/skins/x,
> >>  > b) copying all files from touckan to x
> >>  > c) changing default skin in xwiki.cfg grom touckan to x
> >>  > d) copying file templates/view.vm  to x
> >>  > e) customizing view.vm  (writing onethins inside)
> >>  >
> >>  > Last step does not work; i. e. if I change view.vm, nothing
> >> changed
> >>  > in xwiki.
> >>  >
> >>  > So, question: it is such problem with my installation, or I
> >> missed something
> >>  >  during creation of skin ?
> >>  >
> >>  self-moderation: whith ?skin=x additional parameter all works.
> >>  So: is exists way, where  xwiki.defaultskin parameter from xwiki.cfg
> >> is
> >>  incorrect ?
>
> --
> Sergiu Dumitriu