Hi Edward,

On Sep 5, 2008, at 9:52 PM, Edward Laptop wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been using the wiki editor to add some html (all div id="..",
> and div
> class="...") to create the look for the home page.
>
> This was all progressing nicely and I was getting very close to the
> end - or
> so I thought!
>
> I then switched to wysiwyg editor where I found that the look appears
> unpredictable. On swithcing back to wiki editor all my lovely code has
> disappeared to be replaced with in-line styles. When I tested the
> page the
> layout had fallen apart.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> Should I only be using the wiki editor, and not attempting to use the
> wysiwyg for this type of work?

yes. The current WYSIWYG editor has several drawbacks and bugs. We're
working hard on the new WYSIWYG editor. A first preview was released
with the XE 1.6M1 release. A beta will be available when XE 1.6 final
is released at end of September and a final version is planned for the
end of the year.

See http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/
NewWysiwygEditorInterface for more details of its features and what it
will look like. Feedback is most welcome.