John Carroll wrote:

> [...]
> I have a problem with a class sheet.  I have been working on a project for
> the past few weeks.  The class sheet has been edited many times.  But
> after doing the last edit the following happens.
>
> 1.
> I can not access the class via the class editor page where all classes are
> listed, so i cant see the class sheet or the class properties page.  The
> same error is displayed when accessing any document created using this
> class.  I get this error:
>
> Detailed information:
>
>         Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while reading document
> XWiki.ExpenseClass
> Wrapped Exception: Error number 2002 in 2: Error parsing xml
>

> XWiki.ExpenseClass
>

> empNumber
> 2
> 0
> empNumber
> 30
>
> 0
>

> com.xpn.xwiki.objects.classes.StringClass
>

> SuppBusiConfTotal
> 93
> 0
> SuppBusiConfTotal
> 30
>
> etc... for every property in the class (150 or so).
>
> I can access the class sheet by using its URL.  Editing or changing the
> class sheet makes no difference.
> I cannot access the class property page using its URL.
>
> 2.
> The bread crumb link where parent and space is displayed for documents
> created using this class shows this:
> Scheduler: ${pdoc.displayTitle} > $tdoc.displayTitle
>
> 3.
> I can not see the Expense.webhome page.
> In this page I use seachDocuments to find all documents associated with
> XWiki.ExpenseClass.
> It looks like a class property has been corrupted and any attempt to read
> any document associated with the class fails.
>
> Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page Expenses.WebHome
> Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id Web Home
> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing
> velocity page Expenses.WebHome
> Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id Web Home
>
> org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of
> method 'getDocument' in  class com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki threw exception
> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while
> reading document Expenses.Expensecarrollj15330323092008dgs
>
> 4.
> To get around this problem I created another class, matching the
> properties of the first class.  That worked fine for a little while, even
> after editing the class sheet many times.  This second class is now doing
> the same thing as the first class.
> Just to let you know; in the class sheet i am using searchDocuments to
> find documents created using other classes.
>
> So what am i doing wrong?   Is there any way i can fix this?

I have tried to delete the class through code.

#set($thisDocum=$xwiki.getDocument("XWiki.ExpenseClass"))
#if($thisDocum != "")
     $thisDocum.fullName
     $thisDocum.delete()
#else
     could not find document
#end

The following error was shown:
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of
method 'getDocument' in  class com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki threw exception
com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while
reading document Expenses.Expensecarrollj15330323092008dgs
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while reading document
XWiki.ExpenseClass
Wrapped Exception: Error number 2002 in 2: Error parsing xml <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Does anybody know what can be done to delete this class?  Any help would be
great.