John Carroll wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> I have a problem with a class sheet.  I have been working on a project for
> the past few weeks.  The class sheet has been edited many times.  But
> after doing the last edit the following happens.
> 
> 1.
> I can not access the class via the class editor page where all classes are
> listed, so i cant see the class sheet or the class properties page.  The
> same error is displayed when accessing any document created using this
> class.  I get this error:
> 
> Detailed information:
> 
>         Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while reading document
> XWiki.ExpenseClass
> Wrapped Exception: Error number 2002 in 2: Error parsing xml 
> 
> 
> XWiki.ExpenseClass
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> empNumber
> 2
> 0
> empNumber
> 30
> 
> 0
> 
> 
> com.xpn.xwiki.objects.classes.StringClass
> 
> 
> 
> SuppBusiConfTotal
> 93
> 0
> SuppBusiConfTotal
> 30
> 
> etc... for every property in the class (150 or so).
> 
> I can access the class sheet by using its URL.  Editing or changing the
> class sheet makes no difference.
> I cannot access the class property page using its URL.
> 
> 2.
> The bread crumb link where parent and space is displayed for documents
> created using this class shows this:
> Scheduler: ${pdoc.displayTitle} > $tdoc.displayTitle  
> 
> 3.
> I can not see the Expense.webhome page.
> In this page I use seachDocuments to find all documents associated with
> XWiki.ExpenseClass.
> It looks like a class property has been corrupted and any attempt to read
> any document associated with the class fails.  
> 
> Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page Expenses.WebHome
> Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id Web Home
> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing
> velocity page Expenses.WebHome
> Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id Web Home
> 
> org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of
> method 'getDocument' in  class com.xpn.xwiki.api.XWiki threw exception
> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while
> reading document Expenses.Expensecarrollj15330323092008dgs
> 
> 4.
> To get around this problem I created another class, matching the
> properties of the first class.  That worked fine for a little while, even
> after editing the class sheet many times.  This second class is now doing
> the same thing as the first class.
> Just to let you know; in the class sheet i am using searchDocuments to
> find documents created using other classes.
> 
> So what am i doing wrong?   Is there any way i can fix this?
> 
> 
> 
> 

With help from Ludovic Dubost i managed to fix the class.
The XWD_CLASS_XML field in the class document has a limit of 65Kb.
Looking at the XWD_CLASS_XML field for XWiki.ExpenseClass showed a size of
65353 bytes.
Any text over 65Kb didnt seem to save properly.  The xml close class tag was
missing which caused my problems.

It would be nice if xwiki warned the user that they have exceeded the
maximum size of the XWD_CLASS_XML field.  
I noticed alot of space was used up when databaseList was used.  The query
is saved with the property.



-- 
View this message in context: 
http://n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-class-sheet-tp1113196p1117656.html
Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
users@xwiki.org
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Reply via email to