Hi Dave,

On Oct 15, 2008, at 8:40 PM, Dave Mangot wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> We've just upgraded to Xwiki 1.6 and I have some questions from a user
> that are not necessarily 1.6 specific.
>
> 1. Is it possible to have a page name with a period (.) in the name.
> e.g. [Release 1.6]?  In Xwiki 1.0 it renders as underlined 6.  In
> Xwiki
> 2.0, it doesn't even render as a link.  In fact, I can't get any Xwiki
> 2.0 links to render at all.

The syntax is [[...]] in XWiki Syntax 2.0.

> 2. Is it possible to have Xwiki store attachments with spaces in the
> name?  Say I want to store a file that is called "Marketing Plan Oct
> 2008.pdf".  Xwiki seems to take all the spaces out and munge the
> filename, especially if it is a long one, it puts in tildes (~).  I
> want
> my users to be able to download the plan without having to rename it
> themselves.  How do I do that?
>
> 3. How beta is the Confluence 1.0 rendering?  I made a page like this:
>
> h1. header1
> h2. header2
> h3. header3
> h4. header4
>
> Only the h1 rendered correctly, everything else showed up as plan
> text.
>   That has got to be the most basic page imaginable.

The only syntaxes that are currently working well (i.e. that have been
tested and worked on) are the XWiki Syntax 1.0 and XWiki syntax 2.0.
The others are experimental. As Thomas said, for the confluence syntax
we're using the Parser provided by Doxia and we haven't started
testing how well or how bad it is yet. I wanted to finish the new
XWiki 2.0 syntax support first before moving to other syntaxes. BTW
I'm still waiting for Doxia to release its 1.0 beta 1 version to
incorporate it (right now we're using an old Doxia alpha since that's
the last released version).

Note that even the XWiki Syntax 2.0 is still beta and is meant to be
finalized for XE 1.7 (mid December) but I think it's working quite
well already. If you find any issue with it please report it in JIRA
since that will help us a lot to stabilize it.