Hi Brian,

user_group is really just a filter and do nothing else, so I don't
have any idea how it can have influence on the skin.

What version of XWiki Core/Enterprise are you using ?
Is the user's profile is correctly created and contains rights informations ?
Is this append all the time for any user ?

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 5:11 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've set up XWiki 1.6 for my IT department, and configured the LDAP
> authentication (the new, default XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl) to point to our
> corporate Active Directory server.  For all users in the "US-IS"
> ActievDirectory group, it works fine; however, I have some users that are
> split off into "US-info_mgmt" that can't log in.  I don't have the power to
> alter the Active Directory group membership or structure, so I'm stuck with
> it how it is.
>
>    #-# only members of the following group will be verified in the LDAP
>    #-# otherwise only users that are found after searching starting from
> the base_DN
>    xwiki.authentication.ldap.user_group=cn=US-IS,cn=Users,dc=XXXX,dc=YYYY
>
> After looking through the XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl, it looks like this is a
> single value, not multiple.  So, I can't simply list two groups.
>
> My next thought was to comment this out because the
> XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl looks like it will ignore the group check if its
> not set to a value.  However, when I did this, no one could log in... sort
> of.  Actually, I was able to log in, but then the custom logo in the skin
> didn't show up, and the comments area showed another login screen embedded
> within the page.
>
> Any ideas on how I can configure this?
>
> Regards,
> Brian.

> CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
> This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to
> be confidential.  It is intended only for the addressee named
> above.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read,
> copy, or disseminate it.  If you are not the intended recipient,
> any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
> this information is prohibited.   Please reply to the message
> immediately by informing the sender that the message was
> misdirected.  After replying, please erase it from your computer
> system.  Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Thomas Mortagne