I need to edit the registration form. I have altered the class XWikiUsers to
add the extra fields

I have altered the registration page to show the extra fields.

However, the values are not being saved - when you create test users, log in
and go to their profiles or edit/profiles the fields are blank

HOw do I get the values to actually save?

Here is some of the code from the registration page that I have used

function doAction(){
        document.getElementById('register_firstName').value =
document.getElementById('first_name').value;
        document.getElementById('register_lastName').value =
document.getElementById('last_name').value;
}

<dl id="xwikiuserprofile">
:
: