From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ludovic Dubost
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:20 PM
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] PermGen OutOfMemory

Hi Gilles,

Here is a typical command line you can add to your java command line

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms100m -Xmx512m

This can be done by updating this environment variable in the startup
scripts

CATALINA_OPTS="-server -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms100m -Xmx512m
-Dfile.encoding=iso-8859-1 -Djava.awt.headless=true"

Ludovic

Ducret, Gilles (CH) a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> Since I have installed xwiki on my Tomcat5 server I have OutOfMemory
> problems.
> These are related to the PermGen space, not the heap space.
>
> I have read several topics about that with xwiki but with no answers.
>
> If I remove xwiki from the server the problem disappear.
>
> This server is hosted by an external provider and I will not be able to
> extend the size of the permgen space.
>
> Could somebody advice please?
>
> Could I modify some configuration? E.g Logs?
>
> This is really anoying because I think this tool is great
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Gilles

> If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and delete the message with any attached files from your
> system.
> The confidentiality and integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the
> Internet and the sender does not accept liability for its content.

Ludovic Dubost
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost