On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Art Yeung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have done an upgrade (WAR and XAR) today from XE 1.6.1 to 1.7.3 with lots
> of issues with LDAP.
>
> 1. Get a lot of the following errors even when users are just browsing
> without loggin
>  [https://myserver/xwiki/bin/view/Main/?xpage=xpart&vm=commentsinline.vm]
> [TP-Processor1] DEBUG LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - LDAP authentication
> failed: login null

This is just a wrongly printed log (I added lot's of them for anyone
to better know what appends).

> 2. User mapping to Group member ship has issue. (this is more serious)
> It used to map OK but currently, after a new user first login, it added the
> user in this format "XWiki.XWiki.<USERID>" into the group multiple times.
> When user loggedin and browse, it add even more multiple entries. So a user
> login for the first time and browse 2 pages, could end up having 10 idential
> entries in the group.
> Normally it added in the format "XWiki.<USERID>" not "XWiki.XWiki.<USERID>".

I just created http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2873.

Thanks for report, all of this will be fixed in the next release (1.7RC1).

> 3. After a user loggin, browsing, I saw lots of these errors
>
> [TP-Processor8] ERROR LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - Failed to add a user
> [XWiki.USERID] to a group [XWiki.MYGROUP]
> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3201 in 3: Exception while saving
> document XWiki.MYGROUP
> Wrapped Exception: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update
> [1]; actual row count: 0; expected: 1
>        at
> com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.saveXWikiDoc(XWikiHibernateStore.java:590)
>        at
> com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiCacheStore.saveXWikiDoc(XWikiCacheStore.java:135)
>        at
> com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiCacheStore.saveXWikiDoc(XWikiCacheStore.java:128)
>        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.saveDocument(XWiki.java:1270)
>
> and
>
> [TP-Processor2] DEBUG LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl   - Local LDAP
> authentication failed.
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl.ldapAuthenticateInContext(XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl.java:369)
>        at
> com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl.ldapAuthenticate(XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl.java:197)
>        at
> com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl.authenticate(XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl.java:148)
>        at
> com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.xwiki.MyFormAuthenticator.authenticate(MyFormAuthenticator.java:239)

Don't you have more log around theses two problems ?

> Any thoughts please?
>
> I do need to upgrade in order to fix the upload image with space in the
> filename issue.

It's 1.7M3 and not 1.7.3, meaning that 1.7 is not in stable state yet
and will just enter in RC state with the next release.

> Appreciated, and Thanks!

Thomas Mortagne