Hi all,

We have setup the new translation tool on a production server and we are now looking for volunteers to give it a test drive and start updating the translations of the XWiki Core.

The new tool is at

http://l10n.xwiki.org

You will need to create an account on this wiki (the xwiki.org does not yet work, but we plan to connect it to xwiki.org using the new Open ID implementation done in the Summer of Code).

The first thing that we can start with is working on the empty translations. For example here are the pages to modify the empty translations for a few languages

German: http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XE/XWikiCoreResources?action=viewempty&language=de French: http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XE/XWikiCoreResources?action=viewempty&language=fr Spanish: German: http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XE/XWikiCoreResources?action=viewempty&language=es Polish: German: http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XE/XWikiCoreResources?action=viewempty&language=pl

You can view the full list at

German: http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XE/XWikiCoreResources

and click on "View Empty" next to your favorite language.

Currently there is no locking mecanism, so I hope we won't have conflicts will working on this. The good thing is that of course everything is kept in wiki style so with versioning.

Let us know who can test drive the application. Make sure you are putting in real translations since we want to use the result for real ! Once we start getting some updates I'll document the review process so that we can also start doing that. For reviews we will 'elect' reviewers that will have the right to review. If you are volunteer for review, please tell us by responding to this email.

Thanks
Ludovic

--
Ludovic Dubost