From: Paul Armstrong [mailto:xw...@otoh.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:51 PM
To: Minton, Brian
Cc: users@xwiki.org
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] xwiki is not even trying to read the xwiki.cfg file

At 2009-01-21T16:55-0500, Minton, Brian wrote:
> I have a pretty generic (just downloaded and unpacked) xwiki setup.  I
> tried to make some changes to webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg but the
> file did not seem to even get read.  I looked at the atime of the
> file, and it was the same as when I edited it, not when I started the
> server.  This makes me think I'm putting the file in the wrong place.

Did the server actually restart?
Is atime turned off on that filesystem?

Something like the following on Solaris or MacOS:

#!/usr/sbin/dtrace -s
syscall::open*:entry
/NULL != strstr(copyinstr(arg0), "xwiki.cfg")/
{
  @[execname, copyinstr(arg0)] = count();
}

Will tell you if it's ever opened (or if attempts are made at least).

Paul

--
End dual-measurement, let's finish going metric!
http://gometric.us/