Hi Helmut,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:32 AM, hel-o <h...@hel.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> made something similar not using a redirect page but the copy function and
> adapted the code provided here
>
> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/SelectDocumentToCopySnippet
>
> First question:
>
> Whats the better way to create pages per template? (copy or redirect)

Both ways work fine. Using the redirect might be more transparent for the
user but it doesn't change much in the end. Mostly a personal preference
here ;-)
What you could do is write a manual list of documents to use as templates as
the input (instead of showing all spaces / pages).

> With that code all users need programming rights to create pages as copies
> from templates, is that an error in the code and is that different with the
> redirect page.

This sounds weird. Programming rights are checked when rendering a page.
This means that your page has to be saved by an user with programming
rights. However, it doesn't mean that every single user who uses the page
has to have programming rights. An user with the edit right should be able
to use the snippet. This should be the same in both the redirect and the
copy modes.
Guillaume

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki