Hello users,

we are fighting with a spurious error occurring in our system:

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of
method 'getWidth' in class com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.image.ImagePluginAPI
threw exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize
class sun.awt.X11.XToolkit @ Coll_Group_IREM-INRP-
AcademiedeLyon.Introductionalamediatrice610,36? at
org
.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:
300) at
org
.apache
.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:
203) at

where basically it seems that an X11 connection is wished even though
there's none (on a SuSE linux with a Sun Java).
What is the normal way in Java (and on my tomcat) to avoid X11
connections and still get some image services (such as getWidth) ??

thanks in advance

paul