Hi,

Some days ago, I put a ticket about pb managing the users by Admin.
This ticket is closed : the MySQL connector on my platform was not at the
right version for DBMS.

My ticket did not describe yours, but ...

Hope this help.

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           Manfred             |
|         |           <manonin...@gmail.co|
|         |           m>                  |
|         |           Envoyé par :        |
|         |           users-boun...@xwiki.|
|         |           org                 |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           07/04/2009 21:18    |
|         |           Veuillez répondre à |
|         |           XWiki Users         |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |        Pour :      users@xwiki.org
                                          |
  |           cc :
                                          |
  |          Objet :   Re: [xwiki-users] XEM1.8 cannot add new users/groups via
Admin                                     |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

Have setup XEM 1.8 on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, using MySQL, Jetty container and Sun
Java 5.5

All seems to be relatively well as far as I can tell, can create pages, new
wikis, import applications, do a calendar, blog, etc

However I cannot add users or groups in the admin panel - I can only login
as the default Admin user.

On the page
http://localhost:8380/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=Groups#

when I enter a new group name - e..g Administrators and click on the create
new group button I get a "loading" message what appears to be some sort of
script
$xwiki.jsfx.use("js/scriptaculous/scriptaculous.js")

and then nothing - can wait for hours but no usergroup is ever created.

I have the same issue with creating a new user.

Then if I go to the "index" quicklink I get the same "loading" message but
nothing ever loads.

If I go to the tree page it shows me

$xwiki.ssfx.use("js/yui/treeview/assets/tree.css")
$xwiki.jsfx.use("js/yui/yahoo/yahoo-min.js")
$xwiki.jsfx.use("js/yui/treeview/treeview-min.js")
$xwiki.jsfx.use("js/yui/treeview/checknode.js")
$xwiki.jsfx.use("js/yui/event/event-min.js")
$xwiki.jsfx.use("js/yui/connection/connection-min.js")

and no tree.

How can I fix this? I'm guessing they're related in some way.

#
" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from
your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying
hereof is prohibited."

 " Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attaches peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'etes  pas le destinataire escompte,
merci d'en informer l'expediteur immediatement et de detruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attaches de votre systeme informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du present courriel et des documents
attaches sans autorisation prealable de son emetteur est interdite."
#