Hi everyone,

Nowadays, to convert a document to xwiki 2.0, we have to select on the drop
down list when we're editing a page, slecte xwiki 2.0. So to convert a page to
xwiki2.0 syntax, the user (administrator or other) have to do this manipulation
himself.

I was thinking when I read in Jira "Continue work on automatic converter from
XWiki Syntax 1.0 to XWiki Syntax 2.0" that the user won't have to do the
manipulation by himself anymore. But when I read more about this post, I
understood it's not really the purpose, it's a improvement of the existing.

Is a "true" automatic converter to xwiki2.0 scheduled ? If yes, for which
version of xwiki entreprise ? :-)

I mean by that to convert a page automatically in xwiki2.0 if it's in xwiki1.0
(the user has not to do it by himself).

The thing is I've implemented the basic xwiki xar in order to have my own
xwiki. So in my newxwiki.xar, I have a core of pages using xwiki1.0 syntax and
I have my new pages using xwiki2.0 syntax. To blend the syntax of all my pages
in xwiki2.0 when I update my version of xwiki (1.8) will i need to :

    * Solution 1
          o Download a basic xwiki xar file using syntax 2.0.
          o Recreate all my pages.

    * Solution 2
          o Import my xar file directly in the new xwiki version (the
conversion should happen automatically).

I want to unify the syntax I'm using in my xwiki in order to simplify the life
of my users/admistrators (because when you edit a page using xwiki1.0, you
haven't the same WYSIWYG editor as the one you have when you edit a page using
xwiki2.0 for example).