We've configured our XWiki instance to use a custom authentication plugin to
authenticate via a secure logon cookie.  When the user signs in, information
pertaining to the user is fetched from Active Directory; note that this is
done as part of the plugin, and does not access A/D via XWiki.

However, the side effect of this change is that a user has to access XWiki
once to get created in the local user space so they can then be added to the
various groups that have been created in the wiki.  This is inconvenient at
best, and I would like to fix this.

I found an interesting script in this post:

    http://n2.nabble.com/LDAP---importing-users-td506206.html#a506207

that provides a script to query LDAP via XWiki, and populate the local user
store with all A/D users.

My question is: can I configure XWiki to use both the custom authentication
plugin, *and* configure LDAP access so I can use the above script to
populate the database?

If the above doesn't work, I can create a perl script that will generate a
script that I can put into a Wiki page, but that's not as nice as having a
canned script available the wiki that I can run at the click of a mouse.

Thanks!