From: users-boun...@xwiki.org [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org] On Behalf
Of Sergiu Dumitriu
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:13 AM
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] assitance smtp config for xwiki centos 5.3

Aziz Jarrah wrote:
> I am currently running  XWIKI ENTERPRISE 1.8.4.20192 with xwiki watch
> 1.1
>

> I have read through the mailing list that there currently is no way to
> use a 3rd party email server with xwiki or xwiki watch. I understand
> that will be implemented in the future at some point.

What exactly do you mean by that? It is possible to use a remote SMTP
server, even with authentication and SSL in place. See
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Configuration#HConfi
guringtheSMTPserver

> My question is if
> there is a tutorial on how to setup xwiki to work with the localhost
> sendmail setup.
>

> I am able to telnet and send an email from localhost, where xwiki is
> located,  to my email server. Still when I try to use xwiki I get an
> email error, but nothing in the maillogs that is coming from the xwiki
> server. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

>              javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp

This looks like a javamail or java misconfiguration. Make sure you are
using the Sun JVM and the Sun versions of mail.jar and activation.jar
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/