Hi Florian,

> I can only use the externally managed server, there xwiki response that the
> connection can be established.
> This is an output from ps -Af:
>
> xwiki    32518     1  0 09:02 pts/0    00:00:00
> /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin -headless -accept=s
>
> Therefor the server is working.
> As already mentioned in the last mails, there is nor error reported in the
> xwiki.log due this problem. It still does not work.
>
> This is my configuration file for the office Importer:
>

> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------
> # Settings for the OpenOffice server instance consumed by the
> OfficeImporter
> plugin
>
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------
>
> #-# [Since 1.9M2]
> #-# Type of the openoffice server instance used by officeimporter plugin.
> #-# 0 - Internally managed server instance.
> #-# 1 - Externally managed (local) server instance.
> openoffice.serverType=1
>
> #-# [Since 1.9M2]
> #-# Port number used for connecting to the openoffice server instance.
> openoffice.serverPort=8100
>
> #-# [Since 1.9M2]
> #-# If the openoffice server should be started / connected upon XE start.
> openoffice.autoStart=true
>
> #-# [Since 1.8RC3]
> #-# Path to openoffice installation (serverType:0 only).
> # openoffice.homePath=/opt/openoffice.org3/
>
> #-# [Since 1.8RC3]
> #-# Path to openoffice execution profile (serverType:0 only).
> # openoffice.profilePath=/home/user/.openoffice.org/3
>
> #-# [Since 1.8RC3]
> #-# Maximum number of simultaneous conversion tasks to be handled by a
> single openoffice process (serverType:0 only).
> # openoffice.maxTasksPerProcess=50
>
> #-# [Since 1.8RC3]
> #-# Timeout for conversion tasks (in miliseconds) (serverType:0 only).
> # openoffice.taskExecutionTimeout=30000

I just downloaded
http://maven.xwiki.org/releases/com/xpn/xwiki/products/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb/1.9/xwiki-enterprise-jetty-hsqldb-1.9.zipand
tested the officeimporter. For me both internal / external
configurations work fine.

I suspect that your problem could be due to a missing openoffice profile.
Although with an externally configured oo server this cannot be the problem,
specially if xwiki is able to connect to the openoffice server.

Also, did you try several documents to see if the result is same? (Try a
very simple word document for an example).

I really can't help much from here because I cannot reproduce your error :(

Thanks.

- Asiri