Hi Edward,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Edward Eldon
<edw...@eldon.gotadsl.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have noticed that there has been more activity in the last couple of days
> ... so, here's one last attempt.
>
> I have got to the stage where a captcha field is shown, and the page
> (registerinline.vm) displays the correct errors if it isn't filled in (some
> simple if statements)
>
> However, the user is STILL registered even if the captcha is filled in
> wrongly.

I think I found the problem. Still, I'm not a captcha expert so please bear
with me.

If you consider the CommentAction (
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/trunk/xwiki-core/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/web/CommentAddAction.java)
you will see that there is a check for captcha.

That is, if you have displayed captcha somewhere in the comment section,
user will _HAVE_ to provide the correct input otherwise the action will not
complete.

On the other hand take the RegisterAction (
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/trunk/xwiki-core/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/web/RegisterAction.java)
There is no captcha verification here at all :)

My guess is this is a bug of xwiki, not you doing something wrong.

Still, don't take my word, try to put captcha somehow into comment area and
see if it works... if it does, we cam make sure that no captcha is supported
for log-in action of xwiki, which needs fixing.

I'm trying to get captcha to work for comment action, I will inform you if i
succeed.

Thanks.

- Asiri