On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Aaron Digulla <digu...@hepe.com> wrote:
> The H2Dialect is still broken; if you try to use it, you'll get
> exceptions when Hibernate tries to create the tables. Just use the HSQL
> dialect.

Table creation has worked for me with H2Dialect with latest Hibernate ok.

> All in all, it should be at most half an hour for someone who knows
> XWiki to replace one with the other. The major advantage of H2 over HSQL
> is not speed but H2 is under development while HSQL is pretty much dead.

Agree, but I've had several cases where H2 has turned out to be way
faster (DATEDIFF for example). Yes, it's easy to replace. H2 should be
just seen as version two of hsqldb (as the name implies) rather than a
completely different database though it's not completely backwards
compatible (but you can still use e.g. hsql dialect with h2).

Kalle