Hi,

I'm new to XWiki (and Maven, for that matter) and would like to write a
component.  I've gone through the Writing XWiki Components tutorial and the
Building XWiki from sources page and also found this helpful post:
http://n2.nabble.com/Components-in-XWiki-td2621693.html#a2621693.  I
generated the sample org.xwiki.component.HelloWorld component from the
archetype in the tutorial, compiled it using the Maven Eclipse plugin, then
dropped the jar in my WEB-INF\lib.  But when I try to load the component
with the sample script:

{{groovy}}
def greeter =
com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils.getComponent(org.xwiki.component.HelloWorld.class);
{{/groovy}}

I get exceptions saying "Failed to load component
[org.xwiki.component.HelloWorld] for hint [default]" and "Can't find
descriptor for the component [role = [org.xwiki.component.HelloWorld] hint =
[default]]"

I've also tried adding the @ComponentRole and @Component annotations (with
no hints) to HelloWorld.java and DefaultHelloWorld.java which weren't there
before, and also adding org.xwiki.component.HelloWorld to the plugins in
xwiki.cfg, but this doesn't seem to change anything.

What am I missing to successfully load the component?

Much thanks,
David Breeden