Hi,

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 7:12 PM, kuchumovn <kuchum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I'm using XWiki Enterprise 2.0.
> Today I'm trying to get the Watchlist notification work.
> I've set these settings:
>
> host: smtp.gmail.com
> port: 465
> user: vostr...@gmail.com
> password: ***
> javaMail props: mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true
>
> Am I right?

The simplest way to check if the SMTP configuration is working is to
use the following snippet in a wiki page (xwiki/2.0):

----------------------8<----------------------
{{velocity}}
$xwiki.mailsender.sendTextMessage("y...@mail.com", "y...@mail.com",
"Subject", "Content")
{{/velocity}}
----------------------8<----------------------

> Now I go to the Sandbox and watch the "Training Zone" page.
> Then I go to my Watchlist management and set e-mail notification frequency
> to "1" (i have no idea what does this mean, there are only these values:
> "0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "Scheduler.WatchListDailyNotifier",
> "Scheduler.WatchListHourlyNotifier", "Scheduler.WatchListWeeklyNotifier").
> Then I log in as another user and play with the Sandbox.

That's the problem, between 1.9 and 2.0 we've modified the way
watchlist jobs are handled.
The numbers in the list are leftovers of the way it was handled
before, I'm afraid you'll have to delete some pages manually, namely:
 - Scheduler.WatchListJob1
 - Scheduler.WatchListJob2
 - Scheduler.WatchListJob3
 - Scheduler.WatchListJob4

The correct values are "Scheduler.WatchListDailyNotifier",
"Scheduler.WatchListHourlyNotifier" or
"Scheduler.WatchListWeeklyNotifier".
We're working on improving the watchlist management UI (XE 2.1).

> And then wait for the notification e-mail.
> But nothing is being sent to me...
>
> No errors on "mail" or "smtp" in the log either..

JV.