Hi Dilipkumar,

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Dilipkumar Jadhav <
jadhav.dilipku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> XWiki REST authentication can be BASIC authentication or XWiki browser
> sessions. Found XWIKI-3268 (http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-3268)
> which stated the same. However is there a possibility to add
> username/password used by the XWiki users into the HTTPClient
> authentication
> methods.
>
>  At present, BASIC authentication would mean creating a username/password
> again for the users. And relying on cookies mechanism requires that the
> XWiki user should be logged into XWiki through a browser before s/he can
> make REST requests. Either ways, an http client won't be able to
> authenticate users without making them put an extra effort to login
> manually
> somewhere.

As far as I know, your BASIC authentication username / password are the same
as your standard XWiki Username / Password.

That is, if an user has a XWiki account, he can login through basic
authentication using that same account. Thus you don't need to create a new
account / password for your users.

Guillaume

> Please let me know your views on this one & If there is a work around to
> this.
>
> Thank you guys.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dilipkumar Jadhav