Hi Regan,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Regan Gill <rg...@acceptsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've got a usability problem in our wiki. Currently we are running
> 2.0.3, but the problem started happening a few versions back. We have
> several cases where we have long tables of information that used to work
> fine -- the page would have a scrollbar which allowed the user to scroll
> the "viewable" content page area and see all of the table. But now what
> happens is the table is written under neither the panel on the right and
> although there is a scroll bar it is for the entire page in the browser
> so scrolling will never reveal the part of the table under the panel.
> And the rest of it appears on top of the wiki "background" area so it
> pretty illegible.
>
> Is there some easy workaround to avoid this and put the tables back
> "into" the page without having to create html around it to do it
> artificially? The reason I don't want to do this is because it's one
> more thing that makes it's harder for my users to create their own
> content.
>
> I am not sure when this change happened but I know for sure that with
> version 1.6.x I was able to create tables in my pages that were
> scrollable within the content area.
>
> I hope this is making sense, a picture would have described it a lot
> better :)
>
> Here is a table example to show the sort of data we are trying to
> maintain, once we put normal content in the rows the table runs off to
> the right and becomes unusable.
>
> |Name|Access URL|Release Version|SVN|App-Instance Details|DB Instance
> Details|Reporting Instance Details|Logi Details|OLTP DB Name|OLTP
> Username| ETL DB Name|Report DB Username
> | planner_playground_4602_finalHF| http~://~/~/192.168.1.21:9033//|
> 4.6.0.2-FinalHF| 15706| home/accept/planner_playground_4602_finalHF/|
> peres| NA| NA| accept_qa_4602_finalhf| sa| NA| NA
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,

This is an identified issue. There used to be an overflow CSS setting
applied to the wiki content area in previous skins. It made it so that a
horizontal scrollbar would appear at the bottom of the content area if and
when needed. The relevant CSS property somehow got removed in the latest
versions.

Caty, can you look at this and see if we can include the required property
in the colibri cleanup?

Thanks,

Guillaume

> Regan Gill