All progressive mankind is gone to UTF-8 long time ago, exception is
Americans and West-Europeans, especially if they run Windows servers;-)
So, my advice would be to migrate both systems to UTF-8.

But you can try to run some velocity/groovy script invoking iconv on the
fly.
Something like:
#set($cont= $xwiki.getURLContent("${url}view/${name}"))
## invoke iconv on $cont
$cont

Valdis