Ah, yes, that will work for many uses. To be more specific, what I'm looking to
do is create a class that extends groovy.io.File. A File does not have a
constructor that takes zero arguments, so I was looking for a way to pass
arguments when the object is created rather than calling an init(). Otherwise,
I can't even instantiate the object without just hardcoding the path into the
class, which is not a viable option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joshua