On 12/03/2009 12:09 AM, Milind Kamble wrote:
> Hi.
> I am test driving XWiki Enterprise for my group at work. Kudos and
> thanks to the developers for putting together this fabulous app.

> am having trouble with MSOffice-2007 documents attached to pages in the
> wiki. The content-type header delivered by the server when accessing
> such documents (with extensions .pptx, .docx or .xlsx for example) is
> "application/octet-stream". While modern browsers such as Firefox offer
> to open the document in the appropriate app (looking at the filename in
> the content-disposition header I guess), IE6 unfortunately treats it as
> binary data and offers to open it with WinZip.
>
> I have read through a couple of threads in the xwiki-dev and xwiki-users
> mailing list archive, but following those directions did not resolve my issue.
>
> So how can I fix
> this issue? I have tried adding mime-mapping in
> <install-root>/domain/domain1/config/default-web.xml as well as
> in
> <install-root>/domain/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/xwiki-enterprise-web-2.1-milestone-1/WEB-INF/web.xml
> like following -- but that has had no effect.
>
> <mime-mapping>
>      <extension>docx</extension>
>      <mime-type>application/vnd.openxmlformats</mime-type>
> </mime-mapping>
> <mime-mapping>
>      <extension>pptx</extension>
>      <mime-type>application/vnd.openxmlformats</mime-type>
> </mime-mapping>
> <mime-mapping>
>      <extension>xlsx</extension>
>      <mime-type>application/vnd.openxmlformats</mime-type>
> </mime-mapping>

Yes, this looks correct. In theory it should work. Make sure that you
put this in the right place in the web.xml file, since the order of the
elements matters. Search for the other mime-mapping elements already
present in the file, and add your mappings next to those.

If it still doesn't work, then it could be the app container. Which
server are you using?

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/