On Dec 14, 2009, at 10:14 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Dec 14, 2009, at 10:10 AM, Gaci, Hakim wrote:
>
>> Hi Sergiu,
>>
>> Thanks for your answer,
>> I have to implement this for an important customer... I thought it
>> was possible (and I know it won't be easy)
>> But do know how I can do this ? The general steps and principles ?
>> Do I have to create a plugin ?
>
> The best solution IMO is to contact XWiki SAS (http://xwiki.com) and
> ask them if they could do custom development for you (ie subcontract
> to them).

Just to clarify what I meant (since I found it not clear after re-
reading myself):
- One way to participate to the XWiki projects is to sponsor the
development of some features. This has a double advantage: it helps
the XWiki project and in addition if what is developed goes back in
the community you get "free" support for it in future releases.

The other way is to participate directly to the xwiki development here
by making a design proposal, gather a discussion around your idea,
generate an agreement, create some patches implementing the idea and
get some committers to commit them for you (basically this is exactly
what XWiki SAS would do if you contacted them to help you with this
development).

PS: For full disclosure, I am XWiki SAS CTO. I am also a xwiki
committer. Hence the reason I present the 2 sides of the story and the
2 possibilities that exist ;)