Hi Eugen,

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 1:39 AM, Colesnicov Eugen <ecolesni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> As I understand, Xwiki use different portions of code for the different
> browsers - FF and IE - for the WEBDAV link. IE working directly with
> webdav,
> but firefox - is not. If I try to click on a webdav link (edit link) ff ask
> me for exetention FoxWiki. This is a special extention for XWiki and for
> this extention need to setup one by one all applications. But for IE - not
> need special plugins and not need any setup. Exists another plugin for FF -
> openwebfolder (http://openwebfolder.mozdev.org/) as a described in a home
> page of this extention: "Internet Explorer itself does not contain any
> WebDAV support. However, it does offer hooks to Microsoft's WebDAV
> component, usually called "web folders". Openwebfolder itself does not
> contain any platform-independant WebDAV related code. It just adds hooks so
> that Microsoft's "Webfolder" WebDAV client can be invoked in a similar way
> like in IE." My idea - try to use this extention for FF.

I remember trying out openwebfolder extension some times ago but as I
understood it's only capable opening webdav directories for display. Not
sure if it could fire the native application that would carry out the edit
operation.

> But everytime XWiki
> offer for me - "download FoxWiki" - as I understand, according to the XWiki
> template - attachmentsinline.vm. This template use different edit-calls for
> the different browsers. How I need to change attachmentsinline.vm for the
> using one edit-call and for FF and for IE? As I understand - with FF
> extention openwebfolder - all will be as of IE, if XWiki will give to user
> same edit-link like IE. (I tried in other webdav application - all
> working).

It would be great if you can investigate this a little bit :)

May be you could try editing attachmentsinline.vm (+ you might have to
edit webdav
application<http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WebdavApplication>code
as well) and get rid of the code which tries to install FoXWiki. This
would leave FoXWiki apart but I'm not sure how we can communicate with
openwebfolder (i.e. fire it up instead FoXWiki installation).

I would like to have a look into this but I'm occupied a bit these days.

Thanks.

- Asiri