Hello,

     We are currently using the include macro to “include” the content of one
page on another page, but have stumbled upon a few problems.
The intention of using the include macro was to selectively show content from
TestPage1 on TestPage2 only to those users who had read access to TestPage1.
For people with no access to TestPage1, the content should be silently dropped
without an error message so the viewer without access privileges would not be
able to see data from TestPage1 on TestPage2.
However in the current implementation, there are a few problems.

The include macro seems to work only if the space name is specified, even when
the included page is in the same space.
If the space name is omitted, only individuals with admin rights are able to
view the included page correctly. For everyone else, with appropriate access
rights, a “Failed to execute macro: include” error gets produced instead.

For example, in our Sandbox space, we tried including TestPage1 into TestPage2
using the following:
{{include document="TestPage1"/}}
And all the pages under the Sandbox space are viewable by everyone.

In this situation, only users with admin rights are able to view the page
correctly, while ordinary users see an error message and a stack trace. The
stack trace indicates a "Failed to get content for Document" exception.

So the ultimate questions are:

Is the space name mandatory for the include macro?

Is there a technique that allows us to silently produce empty content if the
user is not given access rights to that included page (as opposed to seeing an
error message)?

Are there any other methods of “including” another page without using the
include macro?

Thank you,

Felix Wu