Hi,

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Milind Kamble <mbk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/WebDAV page says
> "Wiki's WebDAV implementation only supports Basic Access Authentication and
> it doesn't support locking and versioning DAV operations yet.".
> I confirmed this by using NetDrive webdav client to authenticate with my
> xwiki installation which uses LDAP and it failed to authenticate -- but I
> could connect as local user "Admin".
> So it definitely seems to need some enhancement to support LDAP.

WebDAV specification has defined two authentication mechanisms in it.

- Basic Access Authentication

- Digest Authentication

At the moment XWiki cannot support Digest Authentication and I'm not sure
whether LDAP authentication can be done for WebDAV. I will look around a bit
and get back to you on this.

Thanks.

- Asiri