Very well written email, Felix. Hopefully we should have an answer by tomorrow
:)

Milind

________________________________
From: Meng Wu <meng...@yahoo.com>
To: Xwiki Users <users@xwiki.org>
Sent: Thu, January 21, 2010 5:55:28 PM
Subject: [xwiki-users] Access Rights Automatic Update

Hello everyone,

I first want to thank the development team for including Ajax dynamic features
onto XWiki. XWiki's simplicity and dynamics are some of the reasons why my team
is so interested in implementing XWiki.

The only problem I've been having to deal with is the automatic access rights
update. The cycle of rights is Blank (Default) -> Allow -> Deny -> back to
Default, etc. The drawback of dynamic updates though, is that if I want to
change my own right to view a certain page from "Allow" to "Default", I have to
cycle through "Deny". Because of the automatic access control updating feature,
when I cycle through Deny, I am automatically denied viewing rights, and thus
locked out of my own page. Are there any good ways of getting around this
problem? Or are there ways of implementing dropdown menus instead of square
checkboxes, or having a longer delay when you cycle through access control
options?

Felix