Hello friends,

I am facing some unexpected behavior with RESTful services in private wiki
instance:

Issue: Spaces, Tags entities can be accessed publicly through REST URL,
eventhough XWiki is run in private wiki mode.

mode. Guests are not allowed to register or view any page on this instance.

I am also making use of authenticated services (RESTful services & XMLRPC
services) for connecting 3rd party applications to this xwiki instance.

However, when I access REST URLs for spaces, tags, etc there is no
authentication check from XWiki. This data is publicly available. When I
access a page URL, I am blocked off for authentication.

Couldn't find a JIRA for this one. Could we consider this as an
non-consistent behavior in terms of xwiki REST authentication where one
resource is blocked while others are not.

Has anyone else faced this before or has a work-around to this issue.

Thank you for your time & consideration friends.

Environment:

XWiki : 2.1.1 stable

Tomcat: 6.0.20

MySql: 5.0.45 community

JDK: 1.5 (Apparently, REST services do not work for me through JDK 1.6. This
could be just me facing this issue though J)