From: users-boun...@xwiki.org [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org] On Behalf Of
Vincent Massol
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:37 PM
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Registered Users

Hi Jared,

On Jan 28, 2010, at 9:18 PM, Jared R. Parrish wrote:

> Is there anyway to get email notifications when new users register?  I
> figured I would put a watch on the preferences, but that didn't seem to help.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Note that in the future, a good solution would be to put users in a special
space and just watch that space.

Maybe that's the best for now: simply watch the XWiki space. Normally there
shouldn't be new documents created in it except for users.

<more complex answer>
This feature is not built in but you can code it in the following manner:

- You could do that by using a groovy script in a page that registers for
document events and then check if the XWiki.XWikiUsers object was added to the
document.
- If so then send an email using the mailsender plugin.

That requires a bit of development knowledge but we can help you.

For an example of how to code a groovy page that listens to document events:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/GroovyNotificationTutorial

Note that the source you'll get in the onEvent() method will be a XWikiDocument
object. You'd need to check the source code or javadoc to find out the API you
can use on XWikiDocument.
</more complex answer>