Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Daniel Johansson <djohans...@haascnc.com>wrote:

> Indeed, I just tried in 2.2M2 and it tells you the document exists. in 2.04
> did not delete the older post, it got overwritten so now I had 2 posts with
> the exact same title and content in the News category, it's still here in
> our wiki. And I actually updated  the first post which updated both posts!
> They are identical, same date, title and content.
>
> The solution to tell user that document already exist is not very good. In
> time you may have hundreds of blog entries in one category, making it
> pretty
> hard to keep titles unique. In our case we wanted to use it to post what
> testing is to be done for the week. So each week you want to post an entry
> such as "Weekly testing". It'll be hard to come up with unique variants to
> that every week!

You can modify the article creation form to add something like:

$xwiki.getUniquePageName($space, $input)

see
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/DevGuide/API/xwiki%2Dcore%2D2.1.1%2Djavadoc.jar/index.htmlfor
details.

Sergiu, I'm starting to think we could add this to most of the creation
forms to avoid duplicates, WDYT?

I'm increasingly doing it for apps I write on my projects (almost all the
time now).

Guillaume

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki SAS