If I understand the question correctly, the solution is to insert your
own FROM and WHERE info in the search query, as follows:

#gridresultwithfilter("" $request.collist.split(",") ", StringProperty
examplename" "and examplename.id.id=obj.id and
examplename.name='examplename' and doc.space='Tutorials' and
doc.name<>'WebHome' and doc.name<>'WebPreferences'")

The last 2 parameters are the ones you're looking for. Be sure to add
the initial comma in the FROM parameter and the initial "and" in the
WHERE parameter.

See this page for more info (though I think it needs to be expanded with
a more exhaustive list of queryable object fields):

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/velocityHqlExamples

-Joshua