Hi,

On 3/1/2010 4:15 PM, Nithya Vembu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I just want to know is it possible to login in xwiki application through
> httpclient. Now through xmlrpc and rest api we can. But for some purpose i
> need to login through httpclient. If possible, any one can tell the url
> along with the parameters needed to login.

IMO, this has a lot of downsides and it's not a very reliable solution.
Can you can you give some details about your use case?
AFAIK the login is not shared between the subsystems, so you will not be
able to use the rest or xmlrpc features by logging in with http.
Anyway, to do the login for the standard distribution you need to post
to: /xwiki/bin/loginsubmit/XWiki/XWikiLogin.
The parameters are: j_username, j_password, j_rememberme, and you will
probably want to add xpage=plain and stop the redirects.

 From my experince this kind of approach ends up being quite costly.

Florin Ciubotaru