On 03/02/2010 05:01 PM, Joel Forsberg wrote:

> Greetings
>
> On my wiki using swedish characters for xwiki page titles give ugly but
> working entries in all panels, e.g. "Backlinks" "Recent modifications" and "My
> recent modifications"
>
> An example is having:
>   "Startsidor för våra intresseområden"
> ...instead of the correct:
>   "Startsidor för våra intresseområden"
>
> Another example is putting thiss wiki code on top of a page:
>   = header that<look ugly>  here =
>
> The script responsible for for the texts in the panels is as follow:

>   $xwiki.getXMLEncoded($rdoc.displayTitle)
> </a></span>
>
> I've noticed that changing the third line into only $rdoc.displayTitle will
> produce a nice looking entry, and $rdoc is set via
>
> #set($rdoc = $xwiki.getDocument($docname).getTranslatedDocument())
>
> Now, can anyone see a purpose of using getXMLEncoded() for this? As far as I
> have seen, it only breaks things.

This is not caused by getXMLEncoded, it merely makes the problem
visible. This method must be used in order to prevent other problems:
Invalid XML, broken layout, XSS...

The problem is that the code inside getDisplayTitle wrongly uses a XML
escaping option.
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/