Hi,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Omar Morales <omar.mora...@tele2.it> wrote:

> Hello there to Everybody,
>
> I need to turn a set of word documents into an xWiki hypertext, and I want
> to do it with xEclipse. I have this, hopefully simple, question to ask: is
> it possible to accomplish such a task working completely off-line - and I
> mean that (i) I do not want to install an xWiki server on my PC, (ii) I want
> to prepare an hypertext draft to be next tryed on my customer's premises?

I'm curious about your need of xwiki text in a context that doesn't include
a XWiki server.

> I have installed xEclipse on my PC, but yet I cannot find the way to import
> a word document to start editing the links.

The core functionality of XEclipse is to edit the pages of a XWiki server,
both only and offline. AFAIK Word documents conversion is not possible in
XEclipse.
I think the closest application that fits your needs is XOO. The project is
in a alpha stage, it uses the OOo converter and contains an offline xwiki
renderer, though I don't think that offline conversion is implemented in the
interface as a user friendly feature.
More details about XOO at:
http://gsoc.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki%20Integration%20With%20Open%20Office/

Florin Ciubotaru