> This bug prevents rights to be correctly saved unless you manually
> select either groups or users radio button first. See
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise223.

I saw that regression last night when upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2.3. There's
also two other regressions, which are potentially worse, since you could
lose access to the root-wiki Admin account (xwiki:XWiki.Admin). You then
have to change xwiki.cfg, login as superadmin to fix XWikiAllGroup and
XWikiAdminGroup , because names that were originally 'xwiki:XWiki.Admin"
turned into "xwiki:xwiki:XWiki.Admin" which causes the user to lose
membership in the group.

Finally, the superadmin account itself has a regression. When you login to
that account, you get a warning saying the superadmin account email hasn't
been validated (I have email validation set on all accounts ... the bug is
that superadmin requires an exception for validation). I'm not sure if this
is related, but logging into the superadmin account puts Xwiki in a "plain
HTML" mode (No skin/javascript/etc), so most operations aren't possible.
Somehow I managed to navigate to administrative pages anyways, and got it
back to a state where things are working again.

In general, things are not acting "stable" -- i was able to get Xwiki out of
the state where logging in as "Admin" didn't give administrative (or even
edit) rights. And then after a reboot/restart, it went back to the old
behavior again, and I had to login as superadmin once more to fix things.
Now that I've caught the issue with "xwiki:xwiki:XWiki..." i'll be fixing
this in all subwikis and see whether the issue w/ losing all rights is
related to restarting or something else. I am sure I never entered
"xwiki:xwiki:" in any of the group documents --- something in XWiki after
2.1 ended up rewriting these values (??).

>From #xwiki:

> (11:54:55 PM) NielsMayer: i think 2.2.3 still has a regression w/r/t Admin
user on root wiki (in virtual/multiwiki setup)... after you login as "Admin"
you get error messages all over "Failed to execute macro: include" ...
logging in as superadmin shows AllUsers and Admin users as correct.

(11:56:07 PM) NielsMayer: this was not in a fresh wiki install, but rather
an existing install upgrading from 2.10 to 2.2.3

(03/26/2010 12:02:38 AM) NielsMayer: turns out it was because XWikiAllGroup
and XWikiAdminGroup had xwiki:XWiki.Admin instead of "XWiki.Admin" ...

(12:02:48 AM) NielsMayer: next!.

Here's an example of one of the group documents with the odd prefixing bug:

XWikiAdminGroup

> Last modified by Xwiki Administrator on 2009/08/07 09:40

> Members

> Xwiki Administrator (xwiki:xwiki:XWiki.Admin)

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com