I'm still wondering why people run Java applications on Windows. Running
on Linux is much easier.
Don't get me wrong. In 2001 I did presentation in international
conference recommending Sharepoint as a new powerful tool for
collaboration
and knowledge exchange. But that was looong time ago, and I've switched
to Linux and wikis.

In multinational corporations there is "policy" developed by corporate
headquarters 10 years ago that server could be any but Windows,
though I've seen many "underground/semi official" Linux servers "for
customer projects" and that number is growing.

Xwiki runs on windows but from this mailing list I know how tricky
quirks may happen from time to time,
as developers and most of users don't test it.

Valdis