Hi,

I noticed that the responce time of my wiki was poor.
Analyzing with firebug shows the most time is spend for loading prototype.js.
A download of 130KB consists of 12KB page and the rest was js and css.

I was about to throw prototype.js away.

However, I found a better solution.
When using Jetty, there is a default servlet which is responsible for loading
static content (e.g. prototype.js)
You can configure a cache control which in the end provides that prototype.js
(and co) were loaded only once.

That improves the latency to show up a page to 20% of the original time.

To do the same, add the following to your web.xml

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>cacheControl</param-name>
                <param-value>max-age=90000,public</param-value>
        </init-param>
</servlet>

This works for Jetty 6, for Jetty 7 you have to change mortbay by eclipse!

Hope this helps

Stefan Bachert